Building & Managing Web Sites
In this lab you will recreate the home page and a topic page of a fictitious web site at http://www.htmlfan.soc . Naturally, this site does not exist, yet. You'll have to make it by following the instructions below.
1. Create a directory called "wwwroot" on your computer for creating the lab
Microsoft webservers commonly name the root directory of a web server "wwwroot"
2. Create subdirectories called "images", "topic1", and
"topic2" in your "wwwroot" directory as shown below.
Most Microsoft web products use and/or create an "images" directory in the root of your website.
3. Import the graphic below into the your "images" directory. Do this by
right-clicking on the graphic, selecting "Save Picture As...", and browsing to
your project directory.
4. Import the MS Word document below into the "topic1" directory by
right-clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As...".
MS Word Document (19 KB)
5. Using ONLY Notepad or other text editor, create a home page called "default.htm" for your web site in the "wwwroot" directory. Attempt to match the page below as closely as possible using HTML 3.2 standards .
Create the page below as "default.htm" in the "topic1" directory
CSC 120 http://www.valtara.com/CSC120/
Copyright 1999, 2001 Valtara Digital Design