Team Project Evaluation Form
CSC120 Building and Managing Web Sites
Team Project Name: Group 2 - Vision Excellence
1 (low) 10 (high)
Site's ability to allow users to quickly identify the site's purpose and
Use of a consistent navigation scheme(s) across the site/sub-sites.
Use of consistent color and style from page to page.
Ability of site to be meaningfully rendered by most web browsers.
Use of subdirectories to group content for site management and allow
Selected (and Paraphrased) Peer Comments:
- The logo is fairly weak. It is difficult to tell that it is an eagle.
Perhaps a better graphic editor could be used to improve the resolution and improve the
quality of the image.
- The search page is rather simplistic. I would suggest adding some content to the
page discussing search hints in order to provide user support to improve the search
- I would have chosen more contrasting colors. Their colors seemed too light, and a
wrong mixture of yellow and white. Also, the green text "Dr. Henshaw" is
difficult to read.
- The "Vision Excellence" header takes a little too much real estate.
- Is the Doctor's contact information so important that it needs to be at the top of every
page, and if so why is there no email?
- The footer is a bit wordy.
- The links to "other sites" should be target="other" so that the
sites open in a separate page. You don't want your readers to wander off your site.
- It would be good practice to make the upper-left logo a link to Home also.
- It might have been good to provide written instructions with the directions in addition
to getting there by the map.
- There was no email address showing, instead there was only the word webmaster. If
the user has not set up their mail client, the mail will be sent properly.
- About Dr. Henshaw is under the Family Vision Care section. Perhaps it should be
located in the main navigation because people want to know who the doctor is and it would
be easier to locate.
- The heading seems too small.
- A person seeking vision care may not be able to see type at 10-12 point font on a
flickering computer monitor.
- The first page had too many words, and not enough "This is what we do"
- Nice color scheme. It is easy on the eyes, yet more interesting than a simple
white page with the normal headers and the light yellow works well with other colors.
- The map was a nice touch so that people can find the actual site easily.
- I liked how your group implemented the bread crumbs navigation scheme in the upper-left
of the white box. It is very useful for navigating around the site.
- Excellent idea to put forward the different eye diseases that makes the site more
attractive and it increases the potential customers.
- Liked the way they "diverted" the office's approach for the site from being
about Dr. Henshaw to being about the services offered by Vision Excellence.
- The site had a very good site map. It was well organized and clear.
- Pages were very light so they loaded very quickly.
Overall: Excellent web site. Many of the comments from your classmates
reflect some possible touch-up to minor elements of the site, but you are ready
to go! You had an excellent presentation. Your site demonstrates a clear
understanding of the issues discussed in the class. Great work, and please
let me know if/when this site goes live!
- No downloadable file.
- Nicely done style sheet.
- In header, don't use lots of to do spacing -- will cause
trouble for smaller browsers.
- On resources page, Lodi links should be second after the vision links.
- In your budget, you should clearly indicate how long the connectivity will
last for this price.
CSC120 Home Page
CSC 120 http://www.valtara.com/CSC120/
Copyright 1999, 2001 Valtara Digital Design