Team Project Evaluation Form
CSC120 Building and Managing Web Sites
Team Project Name: Group 3 - XConnect.com
1 (low) 10 (high)
Site's ability to allow users to quickly identify the site's purpose and
Use of a consistent navigation scheme(s) across the site/sub-sites.
Use of consistent color and style from page to page.
Ability of site to be meaningfully rendered by most web browsers.
Use of subdirectories to group content for site management and allow
Selected (and Paraphrased) Peer Comments:
- Looks like the layout could have been more interesting visually. Perhaps do not
center everything and have a more obvious navigation scheme.
- The logos seemed a little too big.
- Unclear on what the site is about.
- No footer page included on the pages.
- Not much information on each of the pages. It seems like there is just a summary of each
page; insufficient content.
- No meta tags, which will cause a search engine to have problems searching for the
- This site does not really sell the services given by the company, knowing that they are
a web design company makes things even worse.
- Navigation scheme is too basic, and the web pages really need a footer to make it more
- The Home (default) page has a graphic that is too large and poor resolution.
Should consider enhancing the resolution, getting rid of the graphic, or that whole
page entirely as it does not add content.
- The "Contact Us" form's alignment is not consistent with the other pages.
It is best to do it in table format for ease of alignment.
- Splash "welcome" screen seemed unnecessary. It seemed as if the home
link could have been the web Home.
- Entry page is way too big at 84KB. Graphic is too large so navigation
scheme is not visible in first screenful.
- I would avoid the "Under Construction" comments. Perhaps remove the
links until those pages are complete.
- Directory structure is light. Need more folders to group items better.
- Explain the purpose of the drop down list better than the title "Go to..." Why
should we Go to this?
- Give examples of some of the websites that the company has designed. Or, some of
the companies or types of jobs they have done in the past.
- I would use target="other" for the drop down list of other sites to go to.
This way you don't drive them away from your site.
- Provide links back up to the higher levels.
- Also provide the phone number you mention in the "technical support" section.
- Your links bar wraps oddly, something keeps "technical" and
"support" together. Also, there is no reason for the all caps on the menu
- No footers.
- Font size is large enough for ease of reading.
- The logo is great. The navigation scheme would look better if it was all in one
- The simplicity of the site was refreshing. The connectivity speed would be very
good because there were no images included that don't directly add to the content.
- The site looks professional because you use white space well, balancing the elements of
- Great job on the tiny logo and the XConnect title logo. They look very
Overall: You definitely should have consulted me when you were having
such troubles with your client. Unfortunately, your final draft seems to not
reflect many of the issues we discussed in class and is also missing a number of
features that were required in the assignment (e.g., linked style sheet, a
directory structure, no database connectivity, downloadable document,
etc.). Also contains typos and other grammatical errors. Your project report was concise, although the risks section could have been more
CSC120 Home Page
CSC 120 http://www.valtara.com/CSC120/
Copyright 1999, 2001 Valtara Digital Design