Team Project Evaluation Form
CSC120 Building and Managing Web Sites
Team Project Name: Group 5 - Sacramentochinese.com
1 (low) 10 (high)
Site's ability to allow users to quickly identify the site's purpose and
Use of a consistent navigation scheme(s) across the site/sub-sites.
Use of consistent color and style from page to page.
Ability of site to be meaningfully rendered by most web browsers.
Use of subdirectories to group content for site management and allow
Selected (and Paraphrased) Peer Comments:
- A link to the home page would be nice. Users like to see "Home" to keep
them from feeling lost.
- The title is a little hard to read. The red over dark green is a low contrast
level, and anyone color blind will not be able to distinguish between the colors.
- If there is an issue with the translations and legal problems, perhaps you should
include a disclaimer page.
- No site index to organize the information.
- There is no page called "Home" which is confusing to try and start from the
- No alt tags for some of the images.
- Perhaps you could put the two languages into two different child webs linked.
- The table on the left has a varying size between pages.
- A lot of content missing or under construction.
- No description or keyword meta tags.
- Create a better home page. Use it as an opportunity to explain the site's
- The purpose of the site may be better suited by adding a chat room.
- For the "Kid's Land" link, I would avoid using the "Under
Construction" image. Instead try putting a paragraph that explains what Kid's
Land will feature in the future instead.
- I do not get the feeling that the banner graphic represents the site well. To me,
it almost takes away from the rest of the site, maybe the match the colors or font more
- International Young Leadership Foundation Page is too long. It should be
"chunked" and/or should use "Back to Top" at bottom of page.
Also could use another navigation bar.
- Must scroll right to see all navigation options (at 640x480).
- The art site would be better as thumbnails linked to larger pictures, since the artwork
is so impressive.
- The Community Resources should have at least some English to explain what it is if the
user or browser does not understand it.
- Do not use the word "Website" in your title. It is redundant and
removing it will provide a more memorable and creative name for the site.
- Caution: Politically your content is very mainland-focused (i.e.: "reunification's
of the mother land"). Such content will alienate your Taiwanese and some US
users. If your audience is as wide as you say, why not just use neutral
- There seems to be several different font families on the home page. Simplify using
only one or two.
- Its not clear how to purchase artwork in cultural exhibit site.
- Nice use of the file structure. The separate folders for images in each directory
is a great idea, and each link basically goes to its own child web.
- I liked the event calendars.
- Your links are well named, meaning that they intrigue me to click on them rather than
ignoring them. For example, "Window to China" make me want to see what it
- Your search feature works. Its excellent!
Overall: Your site is certainly an improvement over the existing site in
usability. You still need to work on making your navigation schemes work well in
all browsers. You had a pretty good presentation, but needed to be more clear on how your work was
relating to the overall site. You did miss several of the assignment
requirements (database, downloadable content, site map), but you have
demonstrated that you are aware of most of the major topics discussed in
class. Keep up the good work and refine, refine, refine!
- The conclusion of your project report casts doubt on the entire document, namely:
"...The design of Secure Tomorrows web page ..." Very sloppy.
- Directory names are too long.
- Poor name for the style sheets. Should be different for each subweb.
- Meta description elements are too brief.
- ALWAYS avoid "Under Construction" in your web sites (they are
always under construction!). What a disappointment to the kids when
they go to Kid's Land!
- Work on making your horizontal navigation scheme narrower so it fits in
CSC120 Home Page
CSC 120 http://www.valtara.com/CSC120/
Copyright 1999, 2001 Valtara Digital Design