Team Project Evaluation Form
CSC120 Building and Managing Web Sites
Team Project Name: Group 6 - Secure Tomorrow
1 (low) 10 (high)
Site's ability to allow users to quickly identify the site's purpose and
Use of a consistent navigation scheme(s) across the site/sub-sites.
Use of consistent color and style from page to page.
Ability of site to be meaningfully rendered by most web browsers.
Use of subdirectories to group content for site management and allow
Selected (and Paraphrased) Peer Comments:
- It would be better to have a consistent layout from page to page. ie:
Company information had the text centered. Services had a photo at left,
while other pages had text flush left. Resources page text runs across the page, but
it might be better to come in a little to be consistent with the other pages.
- Site map was not really organized.
- Did not use quotes on the first name of the style sheet, ie: "Comic Sans MS".
- Few pages have the meta tags the same.
- Some of the images do not have alt tags and the size.
- Add a footer with address, email, and copyright.
- Make the contact link a link to a page with an address and email instead of just an
- Provide more information on the Company Information page. For example, the company
background or history.
- Contact page should have looked like the company info page was. Company info
should have been background on the company.
- Arial font may be easier on the eyes for reading. Also, a larger font may be a
good idea as the bulk of your visitors may be elderly people.
- Consider using the margin width and left margin to create some spacing in the left
margin, for example, see the text in "long-term-care.htm". Or use cell
padding if it is in a table.
- It would be better to have "Click to order" next to each book in the product
- Could put more prominent "Home" link in upper left corner (graphic is link but
it is not clear to the average user that it is a link).
- They should not use inline links, instead they should put these links somewhere else
such as a navigation bar.
- WebPages title should be a little bigger. H1 makes it more readable and calls
- Not sure where you are in the site. Perhaps active links that change when you are
viewing that page, or a breadcrumb navigation scheme would work.
- I liked the yellow links in the navigation bar. Picks up on the yellow in the
- Not many graphics were used, but it looked graphical.
- Display the download file with the size so we know whether we can download it or not.
- The order form is good because it allows users to order online, instead of email and ask
- Well implemented with pictures.
- Simple yet attractive navigation. Integrated well with graphics to give
- The navigation works well and looks good. The simplicity of the site is what makes
it so appealing. Viewers will not be daunted by a site with too much stuff.
- Good use of css.
- Very professional looking. Colors are pleasing.
- Double navigation scheme works well and adds to the professional look.
Overall: Excellent job on this site. It has a very professional feel
and addresses nearly all of the usability issues we have discussed in class.
Good job on keeping page light while providing a strong graphic feel to the
site. I like this site, but if you put this site into production, be sure to
review the suggestion of your classmates, as there are many very valid
thoughts. Good work, and please let me know if this site goes into
- Style sheet needs quotes around multi-word fonts.
- Resources page needs headings or something to sort out all of these
separate resources. Also, the links should be listed last, and a
title/caption should lead off the descriptions. Also need to get the text
off of the left margin. Good idea for the page, just needs some
tweaking for maximum usability.
- Did not include a database component.
CSC120 Home Page
CSC 120 http://www.valtara.com/CSC120/
Copyright 1999, 2001 Valtara Digital Design