Team Project Evaluation Form
CSC120 Building and Managing Web Sites
Team Project Name: Group 7 - Bill Scholer Band
1 (low) 10 (high)
Site's ability to allow users to quickly identify the site's purpose and
Use of a consistent navigation scheme(s) across the site/sub-sites.
Use of consistent color and style from page to page.
Ability of site to be meaningfully rendered by most web browsers.
Use of subdirectories to group content for site management and allow
Selected (and Paraphrased) Peer Comments:
- Images need alt tags on the first few pages.
- Should include default.htm in each of the directories.
- Navigation bar not consistent in all pages.
- There is no page called the Home Page so we know to go back to the beginning.
Also, a link to this page would be nice. You could also link it through the
- Navigation scheme changes a little on some secondary pages.
- The blue color mouseover on the links on the home page is nice, but it could be
lightened up a little bit so that the black text is still readable while the blue is
- Cannot tell which words are links on the home page.
- Too many large graphics made the pages very slow to load.
- Bad search link (it is in the _private folder).
- The home page does not tell the visitor what the site is about. A brief
description would be helpful.
- Themes running through the site are good. It keeps the site interesting, and you
are always comfortable that you are still in the same site. The changing navigation
still works because of the consistency of graphics on the left menu bar.
- The music download was cool because people can listen to their music and that gives the
user a chance to know what they have to offer their fans.
- Meets well with the purposes of marketing a small group.
- "Book the band" link in each page is a good idea for those interested in
booking the band. Keeps the thought in front of the user.
- Look and feel is excellent for the subject matter. Really conveys the creativity
that you were shooting for.
- Good use of colored text. Sites can be greatly enhanced by using subtly colored
headers and phrases. Gives the site a professional look and feel.
An excellent and enjoyable presentation, covering a number of technical points but also
having human interest points as well. Your site is clean and has a lot of
personality, which is exactly what your clients wanted. Except for the Java
hover buttons making the pages load so slowly, I really enjoyed exploring this
site. Let me know when this goes into production.
- Your project report was concise and clear, but the risks and assumptions section was
- Good directory structure, although only the project report was supposed to
be in "ProjFiles" -- everything else should be in the root
- Java link rollover applets are too heavy, especially for the client to
instantiate each one. Look for CSS replacements.
- No database component. Search feature not fully implemented (poor location
and no customization of page's look and feel).
- Always include ALT attributes on images.
- Pages really do call out for a HOME button. Make sure to add it.
CSC120 Home Page
CSC 120 http://www.valtara.com/CSC120/
Copyright 1999, 2001 Valtara Digital Design